Judgment on dissolution form is used to finalize your divorce. The following are instructions on how to complete this form.
1. Write your name, address and phone number.
2. In not filled in for you, write the county where your case was filed after COUNTY OF. You can find the address on the court’s website. The Branch name can also be obtained from the court’s website.
3. Write the name of the petitioner and respondent.
4. Write your case number.
5. Check the box that applies to you: Dissolution, Legal Separation or Nullity. Check the boxes below if they apply.
• Status only (you are only terminating your marital status. All other issues to be addressed at a later time. You can only do this by going to court or by agreement.
• Reserving jurisdiction over termination. You are resolving all issues except marital status. You will remain married.
• Judgment on reserved issues. If your divorce was already granted but not all issues were resolved.
6. If you have restraining orders against your spouse check the correct boxes at #1 and attach a copy of the order.
7. At #2 check the “by declaration under Family Code section 2336” box.
8. At #3 write the date your spouse was served with the Summons and Petition and check box 3(a).
9. If this is a divorce, check box 4(a) and 4(a)(1). If this is a legal separation check box 4(b).
10. If you would like your former name restored check 4(f) and write in your former name.
11. Check box “g” if you are getting this judgment for some of the issues but not resolving all issues as this time. Example: You are terminating your marriage but not dividing property at this time.
12. If there are minor children of the marriage and child support is addressed in your judgment check box 4(h) and attach (form FL-192) the Notice of Rights and Responsibilities and (form FL-191) Child Support Case Registry Form.
13. List the full names of the parties and write your case number on top of page two.
14. If you have minor children of this marriage mark boxes 4(i) and 4(i)(1). Write the full name(s) of the children and their date of birth. If any of the child(ren) from your relationship were born prior to your marriage mark box 4(i)(2).
15. Custody: Check box 4(j) and one of the boxes below.
• Check J(1) if you have a written agreement for custody and visitation.
• Check J(2) if you are attaching form FL341 as your request for order.
• Check J(3) if you have an agreement (stipulation) and are submitting the form FL-335. Check J(4) if you have an order in another case number. Write the case number and name of the court. Attach a copy of the order.
• If you are using the attachment provided write “see attachment 4(o)” to the right of this paragraph.
16. Child support: check box 4(k) and one of the boxes below.
• Check k(1) if you have a written agreement for child support.
• Check k(2) if you are attaching your request for order on form FL-342.
• Check k(3) if you have an agreement (stipulation) and are submitting the form FL-350.
• Check k(4) if you have an order in another case number. Write the case number and name of the court. Attach a copy of the order.
• If you are using the attachment provided write “see attachment 4 (o)” to the right of this paragraph.
17. Spousal, domestic partner or family support. Check box 4(l) and one of the boxes below.
• Check l(1) if you are proceeding by default and this is a long term marriage (10 years or more) and check petitioner and respondent.
• Check l(2) if this is a short term marriage and you want to terminate the courts ability to ever order spousal support to either of you.
• Check l(3) if you are attaching your request for order on form FL-343.
• Check l(4) if you have a written agreement for spousal support.
• Check l(5) if you are using another attachment.
18. Property: check box 4(m) and one of the boxes below.
• Check m(1) if you have a written agreement dividing your property.
• Check m(2) if you are submitting your request for order dividing your property on form FL-345.
• Check m(3) if you are using another attachment.
19. Attorney fees: check this box and one of the boxes below if you have an agreement, order or are requesting an order for attorney fees and costs.
Judgment on Dissolution Form
File Download (PDF File): fl180 – judgment
CALL NOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
For more information about divorce, click on one of the following links: