Products liability, in California, is defined as an injury suffered from a manufactured item. If you have been harmed by a product, you should take steps to preserve the item in an air-tight container; notify the seller, get the names and phone number s of any witnesses; and, immediately seek medical attention.
The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC is a Sacramento law firm, located in Sacramento, California that practices personal injury law and represents clients in Sacramento, California and clients in Northern California with services they need and deserve in their products liability case. Call now our Lawyer Hotline. We offer a free consultation to all new clients. Affordable rates and payment plans are also available. Call now 916-443-1267 for your free consultation.
You make a claim for products liability when you suffer injuries from a dangerous and defective product that was defective when made. Your products liability claim for damages must be made within two years of suffering an injury from a dangerous or defective product. Your lawsuit can be brought against the seller of the product, the manufacturer of the product, and the advertiser of the product.
Types of Products Liability Defects
- Design defect – a defect in design that makes the entire line of products dangerous.
- Manufacturing defect – a defect in safety for failure to produce a product in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Warning defect – inadequate instructions or unclear directions for use of a product.
Types of Defective Products
- Medical devices
- Medicine and Drugs
- Machinery and tools
- Food and tobacco
- Toxic chemicals and substances
- Autos, trucks, motorcycles and ATVs
- Automobile accessories
- Household products and appliances
- Children toys
- Recreational equipment
- Clothing and apparel
CALL NOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
NO UPFRONT FEES
WE DO NOT GET PAID UNTIL YOUR CASE SETTLES