A California Family Law Court will take into consideration several factors to determine if a party should receive spousal support (alimony).
The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC is a Sacramento law firm, located in Sacramento, California that practices California family law and California divorce law. We represent clients in Sacramento, California and in Northern California with services they need and deserve when addressing California divorce, spousal support and child support. Call now our Lawyer Hotline. Call now 916-443-1267.
Temporary Spousal Support
Temporary spousal support is awarded during a divorce and continues until your divorce is finalized. Courts often rely on a computer program to determine the amount of temporary spousal support a spouse will pay.
Permanent spousal support is awarded to a spouse after their divorce has been finalized for the supported spouse to have additional income until they are able to attain the marital standard of living.
Factors Used to Determine Spousal Support
- The earning capacity of both parties to maintain the standard of living established during the marriage;
- The marketable skills of the party to be supported and their ability to engage in gainful employment considering any care for dependent children.
- The extent of time the supported devoted to domestic duties.
- The extent to which one party contributed to the other party’s attainment of an education or training.
- The obligations and assets of both parties.
- The duration of the marriage.
- The age and health of the parties.
- Evidence of any history of domestic violence or criminal convictions.
- Any hardships affecting either party.
Whether you are seeking temporary spousal support or permanent spousal support, a licensed attorney will be better able to represent you. The issue of spousal support is an important one, as it will determine your standard of living during and after the divorce process.
You can make a phone call to schedule an appointment. Consultations are done in the office at our downtown location, free of charge.
CALL NOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
For more information on temporary spousal support and spousal support in general, click on one of the following links: