Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh
Sacramento attorney Edward Misleh is a lawyer located in Sacramento, California and who works for The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC. Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh practice focuses on family law and personal injury. In my endeavor to serve the public in general, I provide affordable access to the legal system by offering a free consultation to all new or potential clients. It is a free consultation and there is absolutely no charge should you wish to discuss your legal matter with a licensed California attorney.
Hiring a Lawyer
The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC and Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh can assist you in the following legal matters:
- Family law: Obtaining or terminating guardianship, adoption, and juvenile proceedings.
- Divorce: Ending a marriage through divorce, legal separation or annulment;
- Military Divorce: Determining residency requirements, dividing military retired pay, thrift savings benefits, and addressing Tricare.
- Child Custody: Establishing or modifying sole custody, joint custody, legal custody, physical custody, parenting time and visitation.
- Child Support: Establishing, modifying, and terminating guideline child support.
- Spousal Support: Establishing, modifying, and terminating both temporary and permanent spousal support.
- Restraining Orders: Obtaining a domestic violence restraining order or a civil harassment protective order;
- Estate Planning: Drafting a will or trust instrument, probate, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and power of attorney.
- Personal Injury: Negotiating and filing lawsuits for bodily damages resulting from a car accident or a slip and fall injury.
When your matter requires significant legal involvement, it often makes sense to hire an attorney. But hiring a lawyer is not necessary for all legal matters, which is why you should first take advantage of the free consultation offered by Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh. Additionally, located on our website are many court forms, with instructions, which you can download should you want to pursue your matter on your own. For more information see Hire Our Firm
Family law (also called matrimonial law) is an area of the law that deals with family matters and domestic relations. Whether it be a prenuptial agreement, postnuptial agreement, or a matter involving domestic violence, you will find our representation efficient and effective. Some of the issues Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh will address includes:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships.
- Adoption and surrogacy.
- Divorce, Military divorce and annulment.
- Child custody, visitation, child abuse and child abduction.
- Property settlements and dividing community property.
- Spousal support (alimony) and child support.
- Juvenile adjudication.
- Paternity testing and paternity fraud.
- Guardianship and grandparents’ visitation rights.
- Domestic violence and protective orders.
- Estate planning and probate.
Unfortunately, there are many of us who will face filing for or responding to a divorce proceeding. Divorce, also known as dissolution of marriage involves the following:
- Petitioning for divorce, legal separation or annulment to terminate the marriage or marital union and dissolving the bonds of matrimony between a married couple;
- Establishing or modifying child custody and visitation;
- Establishing or modifying child support;
- Obtaining temporary spousal support and establishing permanent spousal support;
- Identifying marital assets and dividing all community assets and debts;
- Joining for division retirement and pension plans including CalPERS and CalSTRS; and,
- The canceling or reorganizing of the legal duties and responsibilities of marriage.
Before you file or respond, take time to make an appointment at The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC for a free consultation to determine your options.
While military divorces are no more complicated than civilian divorces, there are special rules and requirements that apply to U.S. service members and their spouses when they divorce. We at The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC will address any matter that may affect your military divorce. Call our office to make an appointment for a free consultation before you file for or respond to a divorce petition.
Unique to a military divorce are the following areas of law:
- Jurisdiction for filing;
- Service of Process on your spouse;
- Residency and Filing Requirements;
- Spousal and Child Support;
- Division of Military Pensions and Benefits (Thrift Savings Plans, FERS accounts, and Tricare medical benefits).
The Law Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh Offices of Edward Misleh, APC will address all facets of establishing and modifying child custody orders. This includes filing for sole custody, joint custody, physical custody, legal custody, visitation and move-away orders. Attorney Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh has practiced and addressed child custody in juvenile court, family court, and probate court.
Many of our client’s find themselves caring for grandchildren. The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC can address any of the following:
- Establishing grandparents visitation with grandchildren;
- Filing for guardianship for a child, parent or spouse;
- Filing for conservatorship for an adult and to administer another party’s estate.
Guardians can be appointed in either a juvenile, family or probate court. Sacramento Attorney Edward Misleh has practiced in all of these courts.
Child support is often addressed and awarded in a divorce action. Child support can also be ordered in a parenting action filed by a parent who is not married to the other parent. Parents paying child support should remember that you must file for a modification to have child support reduced or terminated and will not be entitled to any reimbursement prior to the date of filing.
Divorcing couples often must address spousal support which is also known as alimony. Spousal support can be awarded to the supported spouse as either temporary spousal support or permanent spousal support. Temporary spousal support is awarded during a divorce proceeding while permanent spousal support is awarded after the divorce is finalized.
There will be times that spousal support can be modified and terminated. You must file for a modification to have spousal support reduced or terminated and will not be entitled to any reimbursement prior to the date of filing.
Property acquired during the marriage (marital property) is presumed to be community property. However, there are many other issues that may need to be addressed when the parties divide community property assets and debts. This includes severing a joint title, identifying separate property contributions, reimbursements to the community, property acquired as a business assets, and marriage debts. And remember, the largest assets to be divided will most likely be the family home and your retirement plan.
Estate planning is a very effective tool which saves you and your beneficiaries time and money to classify and identify assets that you wish to pass-on after death and identifying who you want to receive the asset. Our office can draft you a will and/or trust instrument which will eliminate the need for probate and will avoid court costs to transfer property upon your passing. The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC handles matters that may be filed in probate court for intestacy actions.
Domestic violence and harassment are growing concerns and we often find victims who have been abused and have not taken action to avoid further abuse.
Those who suffer from abuse can file for either a Domestic Violence Restraining Order or a Civil Harassment Restraining Order. The protective order you will seek depends on whether or not you have a close relationship with the abuser. Criminal protective orders are generally ordered by a court pending a criminal complaint.
The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC will handle your personal injury case and you will not have to pay any upfront fees or costs – we do not get paid until your case settles. The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC is honored to have, as part of their team, a former insurance claim adjuster with over 30 years of experience who will be primary in handling your insurance claim. We will handle your claim for bodily injury resulting from an auto accident or a slip and fall at no charge. Call our office to make an appointment should you be involved in an auto accident, vehicle mishap, slip and fall injury, accidental injury, or be hurt due to a property owner’s negligence.
CALL NOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FREE CONSULTATION